Parkers Garage began in 1949 when it was founded by two brothers; Maurice and Aubrey Parker in Western Road, Haywards Heath.
The early rental fleet was the largest of its kind in Mid Sussex (and still is to this day) and consisted of a number of rental vehicles including Morris Minors, Morris Oxfords, Morris Eights and Austin Sevens, some of which even had heaters!
Upon Maurice and Aubrey’s retirement in 1983, the company was bought by David Chewter, who with a small fleet of four Ford Cortinas, continued to make the business thrive and maintained the tradition of a family run car and van hire business.
In 1997 Parkers moved from its birthplace in Western Road, Haywards Heath, Sussex to a new centre in Bridge Road Industrial Estate, Haywards Heath, West Sussex.
These new premises allowed Parkers Car and Truck Rental to extend its services. As a result we are now able to offer low cost, flexible, car and truck rental in Sussex and the surrounding areas. This includes Burgess Hill, Scaynes Hill, Uckfield, Cuckfield, Lindfield, East Grinstead, Hassocks, Hurstpierpoint, Ansty, Ardingly and Bolney. Furthermore their location in sussex allows Parkers to offer a meet and greet service at both Gatwick and Heathrow airports allowing quick, no hassle, car pickup direct for you, the customer.
Although Parkers Car and Truck Rental’s rental fleet still remains the largest in Mid Sussex, we believe that we give a more personal, individual service than the larger national groups.
It is our policy to encourage talent in every part of the company and ensure a high degree of continuity of staff to provide the very best service to our customers.